Saturday, April 29, 2006

How many of them are here?...


I awoke the other night to the sound of my husband closing our bedroom door..then opening, then closing again...ok..i give..too tired to play.I must preface this by telling you that my husband of almost 4 months, is a Medium.. he can see and get messages from those that have passed on..try living with that, by the way..freaky. I learned that he had these gifts just prior to getting married..he feared telling me for the reasons most would expect..that I would believe he was stark-raving mad..he quickly revealed so much of my past..that no one person in my life would know..not even my best friend growing up..I was convinced.We had just moved into a newer building near the river, that according to him , was absolutely overrun with people from the past .I explained that this building has not been here that long..probably built in the 70's. He told me that they would not realize that the building was new..they saw it as it as whatever stood here in their time frame."Actually, he said..there are 3 of them here right now in our room..a woman, a young boy, and an older man standing in the doorway...they are looking for a young girl..a daughter who drowned in the river, that needs to join them"..he said they had been looking here for a long time..noting the clothing they wore..possibly late 1800's. The hope of sleeping the rest of that night quickly perished..I found myself watching the door until morning. I probably will never enter another building in downtown Madison, without wondering who is there with us..and what their story might be...